The Bogliasco Foundation / Shakespeare Association
The Bogliasco Foundation maintains a villa outside Genoa, on the Italian Riviera, that promotes the work of creative artists and advanced scholars in the humanities. In collaboration with the Shakespeare Association of America, Bogliasco’s Liguria Study Center for the Arts and Humanities offers a one-month residency to one SAA member each year. Further information about the Liguria Study Center for the Arts and Humanities can be found at http://www.bfny.org/.
Bogliasco / SAA residencies take place during the academic year (summer residencies are not available). Lodging, food, and a studio with computer equipment are provided for one month, along with a $1,000 USD grant for travel and incidental expenses. The Center welcomes a partner or spouse for all or part of the residency.
Applicants must be members in good standing of the SAA. The deadline for applications is 22 October. The following materials should be sent as e-mail attachments to email@example.com:
- a description of the project to be conducted in Bogliasco (maximum 500 words).
- an abbreviated curriculum vitae, maximum three pages.
- a sample of work previously published (maximum 20 pages).
- the preferred term of residency (fall or winter/spring).
- three letters of reference, sent directly to the SAA from the e-mail addresses of the reference writers. References should detail not only scholarly distinction but also social personality, which is important for the intensive experience of a small residential community.