Blogging Shakespeare – E-books, webinars, & posts from Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
The Collation – Scholarship from the Folger Shakespeare Library
Early English Drama & Performance Network - News & resources for researchers, students and practitioners working with medieval and Tudor performance
Early Modern Commons – Aggregator of blogs covering the period 1500-1800
Pre-Elizabethan England – Literature, history, culture and current scholarship on the period before the reign of Elizabeth I
Renaissance Lit – UK-based conference announcements & other early modern happenings
Shakespeare in Fiction and Fact - “Riveting fiction and Shakespeare chat for lovers of the English Renaissance”
Shakespeare’s Globe – Performance-related topics, actor diaries, images, & event announcements from the Globe Theatre
Shakespeare Quarterly Forum – Scholarly posts, interviews, & announcements
Shakespeare’s England – Posts related to everyday life in 17th century England
Wynken de Worde – Early modern books, culture, & readers
Announcements of Interest
The Folger Shakespeare Library is offering three new collaborative Fellowships with the Renaissance Society of America, the Sixteenth Century Society and Conference, and with the American Historical Association. Applications are due March 1, 2014. For more information, see http://www.folger.edu/template.cfm?cid=3599
- The Folger Shakespeare Library seeks Curatorial Assistant.
The Newberry Library has long-term (4-12 month) and short-term (1-2 month) fellowships available for researchers who wish to use the collection, from PhD candidates to tenured scholars. Deadlines are Dec. 1, 2013 for long-term and January 15, 2014 for short-term. See http://www.newberry.org/fellowships
The Newberry Library is accepting applications for its Nov. 1, 2013 fall Research Methods Workshop for Early Career Graduate Students. The workshop, “Early Modernity in Global Perspective,” will be directed by Ellen McClure and Laura Hostetler, both of University of Illinois-Chicago. Applications are due October 7, 2013. For more information, see http://www.newberry.org/11012013-fall-2013-research-methods-workshop-early-career-graduate-students
Applications for the Fulbright Global Shakespeare Center Distinguished Chair are due August 1, 2013. One award will be offered to a US citizen to pursue research in any area of English, Literary, Historical or Cultural Studies fitting with the broad remit of the Global Shakespeare Centre at Queen Mary, University of London & Warwick University. For details, see http://www.fulbright.org.uk/fulbright-awards/exchanges-to-the-uk/senior-scholars-and-professionals/global-shakespeare-centre-distinguished-chair-award
The Oregon Shakespeare Festival offers theater fellowships, assistantships, internships & residencies. Program areas include artistic design, administration, and production. Applications are due July 1, 2013 for the following season (Feb-Nov). See http://www.osfashland.org/work-with-us/FAIR-fellowships-internships-and-more.aspx
Information about Mellon-affiliated fellowships in the humanities can be found at: http://www.mellon.org/internet/grant_programs/programs/higher-education-and-scholarship/researchuniversities#current
- Calls for Papers
- Call for Papers for “The George Herbert Society Dissertation Award.” Deadline for submissions 2 June 2014.
- Call for Papers for “Shakespeare in Popular Culture Southwest PCA/ACA”, 19-22 February 2014 in Albuequerque, New Mexico. Deadline for submissions 1 November 2013.
- Call for Papers for “Shakespearean Journeys”, 15-17 Mary 2014 in Taipei. Deadline for submissions 10 December 2013.
- Call for Papers for “Civic Performance: Pageantry and Entertainments in Early Modern London.” Deadline for submissions 15 December 2013.
- Call for Papers for “25th SEDERI International Conference: Selves and Communities: Identities and Representation in Early Modern England”, 14-16 May 2014 in Oviedo. Deadline for submissions 11 April 2014.
- Call for Papers for “Contemporary Poetics and the Medieval Muse,” Special Issue of postmedieval to be published 2015. Deadline for submission 15 October 2013.
- Call for Papers for “Between Apes and Angels,” December 2014 Conference on the History of Human and Animal Relations in the Early Modern World at the University of Edinburgh. Deadline for submissions 31 October 2013.
- Call for Papers for “Othello’s Island,” April 2014 Conference on Mediterranean and Levantine Cultural History in Cyprus. Deadline for submissions 31 October 2013.
- Call for Papers for “Prisons of Stone, Word, and Flesh,” February 2014 Symposium on Medieval and Early Modern Captivity at Brown University. Deadline for submissions 1 November 2013.
- Call for Papers for Panels at “Shakespeare 450,” French Shakespeare Society’s Celebration of Shakespeare’s Birthday, April 2014 at University Sorbonne Nouvelle. Deadline for submissions varies.
- Call for Papers for “Exploring the Renaissance,” South-Central Renaissance Annual Conference, April 2014 in Tucson, AZ. Deadline for submissions 15 December 2013.
- Call for Papers for “Service and Servants in Early Modern Culture, 1500-1750,” a special issue of the Journal of Early Modern Studies. Deadline for submissions 31 January 2014.
- Call for Papers for “Mirrored Shakespeare” Conference in Moscow, 14-18 September 2014. Deadline for submissions 1 May 2014.
Verlyn Klingenborg on “The Decline and Fall of the English Major,” 22 June 2013.
The NEH has given the Oregon Shakespeare Festival a $200,000 grant to support digitization of its archival collection. See the press release here: http://www.osfashland.org/en/press-room/press-releases/neh-grant.aspx