Upcoming Conferences and Performances
- The Gloriana Society hosts the inaugural meeting of its biannual conference “In the Light of Gloriana” on 18-21 November, 2016, at the Tower of London. The deadline is 15 April 2016.
- From 22-24 April 2016, Teeside University in the United Kingdom will sponsor a conference at Elsinore called “Shakespeare: The Next 400 Years.” The deadline for submissions is 1 February 2016.
- From 14-16 April 2016, Old Dominion University will hold an interdisciplinary, international conference on the significance of Shakespeare in the early 21st century titled “Shakespeare in Our Times.”
- The Modern Language Association’s first conference outside the United States and Canada will be held in Düsseldorf from 23 to 25 June 2016. Organized in collaboration with the Heinrich Heine University, the symposium, “Other Europes: Migrations, Translations, Transformations,” seeks to develop ways of thinking that address Europe’s evolving political, economic, historical, and philosophical role in a world of ever-shifting migrations, translations, and transformations.
- The 2016 World Shakespeare Congress will be held in Stratford-upon-Avon and London from 31 July to 6 August 2016. For more information, or to register for the event, please visit www.wsc2016.info.
- The Oregon Shakespeare Festival announces its 2016 season.
- The Folger Theatre announces its 2015-2016 season.
- The Alabama Shakespeare Festival announces its 30th anniversary 2015-16 season.