Upcoming Conferences and Performances
- The Early Modern Women’s Research Network is convening panels on “Gender and Textual Mobility” at the upcoming Australian and New Zealand Medieval and Early Modern Society Conference in Wellington, New Zealand, on 7-10 February 2017. The deadline is 1 August 2016.
- The Asian Shakespeare Association will host its biennial conference, entitled “All the World is His Stage: Shakespeare Today,” on 1-3 December 2016 in New Delhi. The deadline for submissions is 31 May 2016.
- The annual conference of the French Shakespeare Society (SFS) will be held in Paris from 12-14 January 2017. The title is “Shakespeare and Fear” and the deadline for submission is 25 May 2016.
- The Shakespeare Committee, Russian Academy of Sciences, will host an international conference on “Shakespeare Readings: 400 Years of Immortality” on 26-29 September 2016. The deadline for submissions is 15 June 2016.
- The Modern Language Association’s first conference outside the United States and Canada will be held in Düsseldorf from 23 to 25 June 2016. Organized in collaboration with the Heinrich Heine University, the symposium, “Other Europes: Migrations, Translations, Transformations,” seeks to develop ways of thinking that address Europe’s evolving political, economic, historical, and philosophical role in a world of ever-shifting migrations, translations, and transformations.
- The 2016 World Shakespeare Congress will be held in Stratford-upon-Avon and London from 31 July to 6 August 2016. For more information, or to register for the event, please visit www.wsc2016.info.
- The Oregon Shakespeare Festival announces its 2016 season.
- The Folger Theatre announces its 2015-2016 season.
- The Alabama Shakespeare Festival announces its 30th anniversary 2015-16 season.